ASTERIA Extended Mission Team receives 2020 NASA Honor Group Achievement Award
Published: December 1, 2020
Last updated: February 8, 2021
Okean Solutions is honored to be part of a group awarded a NASA Honor Group Achievement Award for our work on ASTERIA during the Extended Missions.
Okean Solutions participated as a member of the JPL team. The purpose of the ~2yr program, which followed after the successful main mission, was to leverage the ASTERIA CubeSat to conduct groundbreaking experiments in autonomy and scientific investigations. Okean Solutions designed and implemented MONSID diagnostic models of ASTERIA hardware. The MONSID engine was integrated with other autonomy enabling technologies to provide real-time health assessment, a key element to achieving on-board autonomy.
We are very happy to have been involved, and we’re excited about the results that came out of the work. We will be co-authoring three IEEE Aerospace Conference papers about this project– look for those to be published in spring of 2021.
About the Award
The NASA Group Achievement Award (GAA) is given by NASA to groups of government or non-government personnel in recognition of group accomplishments contributing to NASA's mission. The criteria for earning the Group Achievement Award are:
- The quality of results and the Agency or multi-Center level of impact on programs or operations;
- Effective management of cost and schedule;
- Customer satisfaction;
- Team growth and capacity for future contribution (Government personnel only); and
- Additional credit for development of innovative approaches, use of and contributions to lessons-learned data banks, and/or
- Success in responding to unforeseen crises.
Tags: NASA, fault management, NASA Honor Group Achievement Award, ASTERIA, GAA